In Indians Heart Disease is an Epidemic Today
- Heart disease has emerged as the number one killer among Indians - according to recent study by RGI (Registrar General of India) and ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research).
- India with > 1.2 billion people, is estimated to account for 60% of heart disease worldwide. 50% of heart attacks happen under 50 years of age and 25% under the age of 40 years.
- With such data we need to fight this epidemic in India and help develop a "Heal Thy Community" awareness of prevention.
- Pioneer of coronary angioplasty & stenting in Eastern Region since 1990.
- First pacemaker implantation in a youngest patient in Eastern Region.
- First ICD implantation in Eastern Region.
- First support coronary angioplasty with cardio pulmonary support was done successfully in Eastern Region.
- First carotid artery angioplasty in the country – reported in NEWS Coverage.
- First coronary angioplasty from wrist in India covered by DD News.
- Participated in Euro PCR 2016 Paris in Challenges and complication during Transradial PCI.
- Participated in Euro PCR 2017 Paris as a panelist in Update Heart Failure Management.
- More than 25 Years of Experience in this field.
- Over 50,000 Angiograms
- More than 7000 Angioplasties
- More than 3000 BMVs, ICDs, CRTDs & Pacemakers
Modern Diagnostic Tools
Intra Vascular UltraSound (IVUS)
Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) is a medical imaging technology that allows physicians to obtain images within diseased blood vessels from inside the artery, using sound waves.
Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR)
Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) is a technique used in coronary catheterization to measure pressure differences across coronary artery stenosis.More...
Blackouts and Treatment
This X-ray is of a gentleman of 54 years who had pacemaker implanted for frequent blackouts due to documented rhythm failure. Was well but suddenly had recurrence of blackouts.
Tests showed normal pacemaker backup, but a new rhythm disturbance (VT) now causing this symptom.
ICD was implanted on the right side. Patient subsequently has received many shocks, but no further blackouts.
View More Cases...